The Neutron Separation, Timing And Spectroscopy System
- Liquid Scintillator NE-213 Detector
- PMT Bias
- Preamplifier Model 3001
- Bin Power Supply Model 8000
- High Voltage Power Supply Model 8100
- Preamplifier Model 3001
- Delay Line Amplifier (DLA)
- Timing Single Channel Analyzer(TSCA)-2575
- Analog-to-Digital Converter Model 4010 (ADC)
- Gate & Delay Generator
- Constant Fraction Discriminator(CFD)
- Multi-Parameter Analyzer
- BNC and SHV Cables
This set is described in the following figure.
All products are provided by Iman Gostar Raman Kish company.
Instruments Used In Spectroscopy System
1.Liquid Scintillator NE-213
The NE-213 is an organic liquid scintillator detector with excellent efficiency and quality for neutron-gamma separation and is well known and used in neutron-gamma separation experiments. This detector is currently being manufactured at different sizes and with suitable PMTs for the bias.
2. PMT Base
A photomultiplier tube (PMT) consists of a photosensitive cathode, several dynodes and a collection anode. The dynodes are responsible for the increase in signal by electron multiplication. Detection signals and also the feeding of PMT require a base. At present, it is possible to produce various types of bases for different applications at Iman Gostar Ramman Kish Company.
3. BIN Power Supply Model 8000
The 8000 power supply is a 19 inch rack with a power supply of 160 watts, and all of its connectors have the standard voltage of a NIM bin.
- Input: 220 or 115 Vac,
- Output impedance: at any frequency up to 100 KHZ for the dc output.
- Temperature coefficient: < 0.02%/°C, 0 to 60 °C
- Output ripple: < 3 mV
- Voltage adjustment: ±2% minimum range
4. High Voltage Power Supply Model 8100
The 8100 high voltage power supply is used for biasing various detectors.
- Output polarity: positive or negative
- Output voltage: 0 to 5 KV
- Output current: 0- 10 mA
- Output ripple: < 10 mV
- Regulation: < 0.0025%
- Power: 220 Vac
5. Preamplifier Model 3001
The IAP 3001 scintillation preamplifier is an all-transistor preamplifier designed for use with photomultiplier tubes. It is non inverting preamplifier with no provisions for pulse shaping excepts the variation of fall time. A diode network prevents destruction of the input transistor if a sudden positive or negative high voltage is applied to the input.
Rise time: < 60 ns
Fall time: fall time constant is designed for 50 μs , assuming a signal source impedance of MΩ.
- Internal nonlinearity: ≤ 0.02%
- Power required: +24 Vdc, 17mA; -24Vdc, 17mA; supplied from any IAP transistor main amplifier or an IAP preamplifier power supply through 10-ft captive cable.
- Input: BNC connector; isolated for 1000 V; positive or negative polarity, 1 MΩ impedance shunted by 45 pF plus the capacity selected by jumper S1 (0,100, 200, 500, or 1000 pF).
- Test pulse: BNC connector; accepts a pulse generator output with fast rise and slow decay to check operation of the electronics; input impedance
6. Delay Line Amplifier (DLA)
DLA is intended for energy and time spectroscopy with scintillation detectors. Its delay-line shaped output signal is particularly suitable for timing and high-counting rate applications. This output signal offers a more rapid baseline recovery than is possible with Semi-Gaussian shaping amplifiers.
- Gain range: from 10 to 1000
- Shaping filter: front-panel switch permits selection of integration time constant with 0.04, 0.1 or 0.25 μs
- Integral nonlinear: less than ± 0.05%
- Temperature ability: gain ≤ ± 0.01% / ° C, 0 to 50 ° C and DC level ≤ ± 0.1 mV / ° C, 0 to 50 ° C
7. Timing Single Channel Analyzer (TSCA)
The TSCA device is used as a single-channel analyzer (SCA) or a discriminator. Its main output is a fast negative signal and a slow positive pulse. Two separate outputs are considered for low and high level analyzers in this device.
- Dynamic range: 1-200
- Pulse pair resolving time: minimum pulse-pair resolving time for negative and positive output is 200 ns.
- Temperature instability: less than ± 0.01 %/° C
- Discriminator nonlinear: less than ± 0.25%
- Delay temperature instability: less than ± 0.03 %/°C
- Delay nonlinear: less than ±2 %
8. Analog-to-Digital Converter Model 4010 (ADC)
The IAP model 4010 ADC is a high resolution Wilkinson type analog to digital converter with 13 bit conversion range.
- Accepts signal: positive or bipolar pulses (positive portion leading).
- Input range: 25 mV to 10 V.
- Input impedance: 1000 Ω.
- Rise time: 100 ns to 100 μs.
- Fall time: 200 ns to 100 μs.
- Width: 0.5 μs minimum.
9. Constant Fraction Discriminator (CFD)
A constant fraction discriminator (CFD) allows good time resolution to be obtained from all detectors.
- Count rate: 100 MHz
- Dynamic range: 1- 1000
- Five modes of operation
- Two negative outputs and two positive outputs, simultaneously
- Multi-color counting rate display
- Dc collapse
- SHV and BNC
Long Term Warranty And After Sales Service
The warranty service includes the repair or service of the instrument and the free provision of services for replacing parts and repair wages for one year, but the warranty does not apply on the following cases:
- Transport damages, electrical fluctuations, fire or heat, contact or penetration of water and corrosive chemicals, intense dust, lightning, natural disasters.
- Instruments manipulated or repaired by persons other than the company’s representatives.
- Any kind of manipulation or damage on installed holograms on the instrument.
- Any displacement after installation without informing the company.
- The warranty does not cover consumables.
- After sales service is for 10 years with payment.