Spectroscopy Amplifier 3600
The model 3600 provides in a double width NIM module an exceptional spectroscopy amplifier. The amplifier’s excellent dc stability, ultra low noise, broad gain-range and wide choice of shaping time constant makes it ideally suited for applications involving germanium, cooled silicon, scintillation, gas proportional and silicon charged particle detectors.
The amplifier plays the two roles of amplifying and shaping the signal. The output signal of the preamplifier, being in the range of a few millivolts, cannot travel very far or be manipulated in any substantial way without losing the information it carries or being itself lost in the noise. Commercial amplifiers consisting of many amplification stages increase the amplitude of the input signal. For spectroscopy measurements where good energy resolution is the important parameter, pulse shaping should not decrease the signal-to-noise ratio. For timing measurements, depending on the method of time pick-off, the signal may be singly or doubly differentiated or be shaped by a single or double delay line.
- Input: accepts positive or negative pulses from an associated preamplifier.
- Amplitude: ±10 V divided by the selected gain, + 12 V maximum.
- Rise time: less than shaping time constant.
- decay time constant: 40 μs to ∞ for 0.25, 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 3 and 4 μs shaping time constants, 100 μs to ∞ for 5, 6, 8, 10 and shaping time constants.
- Input impedance: 1 kΩ
- Input BNC connectors located on front and rear panels.
- Provides positive, linear active filtered near Gaussian shaped pulses
- Amplitude linear to +10V, 12V max.
- Dc restored
- Output dc level factory calibrated to 0 ± 5 mV
- Front panel output impedance less than 1 ohm or ≈93 ohms
- Rear panel output impedance ≈93 ohms.
- Short circuit protected; prompt.
- BNC connectors located on front and rear panels.
- Bipolar shaped pulses.
- Amplitude linear to +10 V, 12 V max, negative lobe is approximately 70% of positive lobe.
- Dc coupled
- Output dc level ± 25 mV
- Front panel output impedance <1 ohm or ≈93 ohms, internally selectable.
- Rear panel output impedance ≈93 ohms
- Short circuit protected
- BNC connectors located on front and rear panels
+24 V dc
+12 V dc
-24 V dc
-12 V dc
- Power test
- Match test the amplifier output with MCA input
- Stability test
- Spectroscopy test with DAS software
- Connect the detector or preamplifier output to the instrument input.
- Connect the instrument output to the oscilloscope.
- Set the gain using the selector and the volume of the front panel.
- Set the switches in the desired state.
- Set the shaping time in the desired state.
- Set P/Z through potentiometer in the front panel using a screwdriver on the base line.
- A table for placing instrument
- Bin power supply model 8000 or 8010
- BNC cable
- Detector or amplifier
- Amplifier and preamplifier
- The equipped room with an air conditioning for constant temperature and humidity
- Spectroscopy of radioactive rays
- Noise reduction in spectroscopy systems
Long Term Warranty And After Sales Service
The warranty service includes the repair or service of the instrument and the free provision of services for replacing parts and repair wages for one year, but the warranty does not apply on the following cases:
- Transport damages, electrical fluctuations, fire or heat, contact or penetration of water and corrosive chemicals, intense dust, lightning, natural disasters.
- Instruments manipulated or repaired by persons other than the company’s representatives.
- Any kind of manipulation or damage on installed holograms on the instrument.
- Any displacement after installation without informing the company.
- The warranty does not cover consumables.
- After sales service is for 10 years with payment.