Pulse-Shape Discriminator Model 2620
Pulse shape discrimination (PSD) model 2620 is used to discriminate between different type of radiations (γ rays, α rays, β particles and neutrons). It is basically used to discriminate between pulses generated by neutrons and gammas. Measurement of the amount of light produced in organic scintillators by neutrons and gammas shows that both the differential and integral light intensities are different as functions of time. It is widely used in the measurement of the neutron time-of-flight in a tandem accelerator, with neutron energy range from 0.5 MeV to 30 MeV. In the following figure, anode output signal after passing through the PSD is transmitted as a stop pulse to the TAC. Also, the anodes pulse after passing through the CFD is transmitted as a start pulse to the TAC.
Strobe delay: In this section, using the input signal applied to the strobe input, the signal delay and variable pulse width are generated in the output.
Shaping enhancement: It is a integrals that placed after a differential the pole-zero compensation.
Zero cross logic: The most important part of the PSD is zero cross logic, which is the logical AND result of two shaping and strobe signals.
- discriminate for liquid plastic synthesizers (NE 213, BC 501, BC 505)
- Dynamic range: 1:500
- Input range: -5 mV to -5 V
- Displacement: ≤1 ns in the range 1:100
- Strobe delay: For adjustment of Pole-Zero compensation
- ADJ: For adjustment of Pole-Zero compensation
- Function mode switch: It is selected by one of the following modes.
- N + γ mode: Both gamma and neutron signals in the output
- N mode: The neutron signal in the output
- Linear signal:0 to – 5 V
- Impedance input: Zin = 1KΩ
- Protected up to – 50 V
- Fast negative signal with NIM standard
- Signal width: ≤50 ns
Inspect: Displays the output signal of the Pole-Zero compensation, is used to adjust discriminator with the walk adjust control.
Fast Out: Fast output with NIM standard, at least 800 mV at 50 Ω
Slow Out: Two outputs, at least 2 V at 5 Ω
- + 6 V, 280 mA
- – 6 V, 330 mA
- A table for placing instrument
- Bin power supply model 8000 or 8010
- High Voltage
- BNC cable
- The equipped room with an air conditioning for constant temperature and humidity
Long Term Warranty And After Sales Service
The warranty service includes the repair or service of the instrument and the free provision of services for replacing parts and repair wages for one year, but the warranty does not apply on the following cases:
- Transport damages, electrical fluctuations, fire or heat, contact or penetration of water and corrosive chemicals, intense dust, lightning, natural disasters.
- Instruments manipulated or repaired by persons other than the company’s representatives.
- Any kind of manipulation or damage on installed holograms on the instrument.
- Any displacement after installation without informing the company.
- The warranty does not cover consumables.
- After sales service is for 10 years with payment.