HPGE Proportional Detector Spectroscopy System
- HPGE Proportional Detector
- Liquid Nitrogen Tank (Dewar)
- Bin Power Supply Model 8000 and 8010
- Model 3600 Spectroscopy Amplifier
- Multichannel Analyzer (MCA) Model 4110
- High Voltage Power Supply
- Nitrogen Injections
- DAS Spectrography Software
- BNC and SHV Cables
This set is described in the following figure.
All products are provided by Iman Gostar Raman Kish Company, except detector and liquid nitrogen tank (Dewar).
Instruments Used In Spectroscopy System
1. HPGE Detector
The high pure germanium detector is the best detector for gamma ray emission spectroscopy. Using this detector, we can obtain highly accurate spectra of energy from various samples.
2. Liquid Nitrogen Tank (Dewar)
The high pure germanium detector should be used at liquid nitrogen temperature. So, it is used with this detector.
3. BIN Power Supply Model 8000
The 8000 power supply is a 19 inch rack with a power supply of 160 watts, and all of its connectors have the standard voltage of a NIM bin.
- Input: 220 or 115 Vac
- Output impedance: < 0.3 Ω at any frequency up to 100 KHZ for the dc output
- Temperature coefficient: < 0.02%/°C, 0 to 60 °C
- Output ripple: < 3 mV
- Voltage adjustment: ±2% minimum range
4. Spectroscopy Amplifier Model 3600
The 3600 spectroscopy amplifier used in nuclear spectroscopy amplifyies and shapes the signals coming from the preamplifier.
- Input: accepts positive or negative pulses from an associated preamplifier.
- Input impedance: ≈ 1 kΩ
- Connector: BNC
- Output: Semi-Gaussian shaped pulses, unipolar and bipolar
- Output: ± 5 mV
- Output impedance: 93 ohms
- Gain factor: 0.3 -3000
5. Multichannel Analyzer (MCA) Model 4110
The IAP model 4110 MCA is a high resolution Wilkinson type multichannel analyzer. The 4110 is a single NIM mode that is specifically designed for use in nuclear and x-ray spectroscopy and connects via a USB port to PC. Also, MCA is fully supported by DAS software.
- Accepts Signal: positive or bipolar pulses (positive portion leading)
- Input range: 25 mV to 10 V
- Input impedance: 1000 Ω.
- Rise time: 100 ns to 100 μs
- Fall Time: 200 ns to 100 μs
- Width: 0.5 μs minimum.
- Input couple: DC – coupled
- Connector: front panel BNC
6. High Voltage Power Supply Model 8100
The 8100 high voltage power supply is used for biasing various detectors.
- Output polarity: positive or negative
- Output voltage: 0 to 5 KV
- Output current: 0- 10 mA
- Output ripple: < 10 mV
- Regulation: < 0.0025%
- Power: 220 Vac
7. DAS Spectrography Software
DAS spectrography software is used to connected to different hardwares. Using this software can extract all the required information and spectral analyzes from the nuclear spectra.
- SHV and BNC
Long Term Warranty and After Sales Service
The warranty service includes the repair or service of the instrument and the free provision of services for replacing parts and repair wages for one year, but the warranty does not apply on the following cases:
- Transport damages, electrical fluctuations, fire or heat, contact or penetration of water and corrosive chemicals, intense dust, lightning, natural disasters.
- Instruments manipulated or repaired by persons other than the company’s representatives.
- Any kind of manipulation or damage on installed holograms on the instrument.
- Any displacement after installation without informing the company.
- The warranty does not cover consumables.
- After sales service is for 10 years with payment.