Detector Spectroscopy System NaI(Tl)
The most common inorganic scintillator employed in nuclear medicine is thallium-activated sodium iodide or NaI(Tl) developed for use in gamma ray spectroscopy.
- NaI (Tl) Detector
- PMT Base
- Preamplifier Model 3001
- Bin Power Supply Model 8000
- High Voltage Power Supply Model 8100
- Amplifier Model 3600
- Multichannel Analyzer (MCA) Model 4110
- DAS Software
- BNC and SHV Cables
- Gamma Emitting Source
This set is described in the following figure.
All products are provided by Iman Gostar Raman Kish company.
Instruments Used In Spectroscopy System
1. NaI(Tl) Detector
NaI(Tl) detector is available in various sizes (usually “3 ×” 3 detector)
2. PMT Base
A photomultiplier tube (PMT) consists of a photosensitive cathode, several dynodes and a collection anode. The dynodes are responsible for the increase in signal by electron multiplication. Detection signals and also the feeding of PMT require a base. At present, it is possible to produce various types of bases for different applications at Iman Gostar Raman Kish company.
3. Preamplifier Model 3001
The IAP 3001 scintillation preamplifier is an all-transistor preamplifier designed for use with photomultiplier tubes. It is non inverting preamplifier with no provisions for pulse shaping excepts the variation of fall time. A diode network prevents destruction of the input transistor if a sudden positive or negative high voltage is applied to the input.
Rise time: < 60 ns
Fall time: fall time constant is designed for 50 μs , assuming a signal source impedance of MΩ.
- Internal nonlinearity: ≤ 0.02%
- Power required: +24 Vdc, 17mA; -24Vdc, 17mA; supplied from any IAP transistor main amplifier or an IAP preamplifier power supply through 10-ft captive cable.
- Input: BNC connector; isolated for 1000 V; positive or negative polarity, 1 MΩ impedance shunted by 45 pF plus the capacity selected by jumper S1 (0,100, 200, 500, or 1000 pF).
- Test pulse: BNC connector; accepts a pulse generator output with fast rise and slow decay to check operation of the electronics; input impedance.
4. BIN Power Supply Model 8000
The 8000 power supply is a 19 inch rack with a power supply of 160 watts, and all of its connectors have the standard voltage of a NIM bin.
- Input: 220 or 115 Vac,
- Output impedance: at any frequency up to 100 KHZ for the dc output.
- Temperature coefficient: < 0.02%/°C, 0 to 60 °C
- Output ripple: < 3 mV
- Voltage adjustment: ±2% minimum range
5. High Voltage Power Supply Model 8100
The 8100 high voltage power supply is used for biasing various detectors.
- Output polarity: positive or negative
- Output voltage: 0 to 5 KV
- Output current: 0- 10 mA
- Output ripple: < 10 mV
- Regulation: < 0.0025%
- Power: 220 Vac
6. Spectroscopy Amplifier Model 3600
The 3600 spectroscopy amplifier used in nuclear spectroscopy amplifyies and shapes the signals coming from the preamplifier.
- Input: accepts positive or negative pulses from an associated preamplifier.
- Input impedance: ≈ 1 kΩ
- Connector: BNC
- Output: Semi-Gaussian shaped pulses, unipolar and bipolar
- Output: ± 5 mV
- Output impedance: 93 ohms
- Gain factor: 0.3 -3000
7. Multichannel Analyzer (MCA) Model 4110
The IAP model 4110 MCA is a high resolution Wilkinson type multichannel analyzer. The 4110 is a single NIM mode that is specifically designed for use in nuclear and x-ray spectroscopy and connects via a USB port to PC. Also, MCA is fully supported by DAS software.
- Accepts Signal: positive or bipolar pulses (positive portion leading)
- Input range: 25 mV to 10 V
- Input impedance: 1000 Ω.
- Rise time: 100 ns to 100 μs
- Fall Time: 200 ns to 100 μs
- Width: 0.5 μs minimum.
- Input couple: DC – coupled
- Connector: front panel BNC
8. DAS Spectrography Software
DAS spectrography software is used to connected to different hardwares. Using this software can extract all the required information and spectral analyzes from the nuclear spectra.
- SHV and BNC
10. Gamma Emitting Source
It is possible to supply a variety of laboratory source for research applications through Iman Gostar Raman Kish company.
Long Term Warranty And After Sales Service
The warranty service includes the repair or service of the instrument and the free provision of services for replacing parts and repair wages for one year, but the warranty does not apply on the following cases:
- Transport damages, electrical fluctuations, fire or heat, contact or penetration of water and corrosive chemicals, intense dust, lightning, natural disasters.
- Instruments manipulated or repaired by persons other than the company’s representatives.
- Any kind of manipulation or damage on installed holograms on the instrument.
- Any displacement after installation without informing the company.
- The warranty does not cover consumables.
- After sales service is for 10 years with payment.